SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - 9 month contract
Position responsible for the design and development of CPU card redundancy.
The redundancy must take care of all the system configuration and session
- Develop and design software to support the system Main Processing Card
redundancy using an embedded Linux based OS.
- Support the full development life cycle from the creation of requirements
documentation to design and support. The information in this description
has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
- Ten years experience with real time OS environments (QNX, VxWorks or
Linux), preferably for Optical and/or Ethernet based technologies for the
Cable TV or Telecommunications industry.
- Masterís Degree or higher in Software Engineering preferred. Bachelorís
Degree in Software Engineering required.
- Must have experience in designing and implementing solutions utilizing an
embedded Linux OS.
- Must have already implemented a CPU redundancy algorithm within an Edge
product (EdgeQAM or Edge DSL based systems).
- Must have extensive experience with C/C++ development (design, code,
debug, documentation, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of hardware components found in embedded systems (CPU,
buses, interfaces, devices, etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Freescale CPU architecture (PowerPC, QorIQ)
- Prior experience using debuggers, scopes and other necessary tools.
- Previous experience with hardware development an asset.
- Must consistently demonstrate the highest level of personal/professional
APPLY FOR JOB #4421