ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
This position is responsible for designing electrical systems by developing
and testing components, subassemblies and end products. As a member of the
technical staff, the Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the
design of new electronic products up to full production. This includes
specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design
reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction
builds and transfers to production. This engineer will also be responsible
for technical support of some mature electronic products currently in
- Design RF Transmission and Digital Video Monitoring Equipment used by HFC
- Research and propose alternative designs and estimate product cost.
- Execute designs and manage company resources to realize on time delivery
and achievement of cost objectives.
- Prepare detailed Documentation including production-quality
specifications and CAD generated schematics, BOM, application notes
- Lead and hold periodic design reviews
- Apply analysis, design-for-assembly and cost criteria throughout the
- Monitor progress against schedule and keep self on track
- Participate in new product development activities and service related
issues as required
- Assist in initial concept development of new products.
- Provide cost estimates for new designs.
- Initiate purchase of components for prototyping and development
- As required, plan, perform and direct construction of prototypes.
- Test and verify new designs
- Verification (sign off) of all documentation relating to the product
before production phase. Inform Documentation Control when completed.
- Assess vendors for competence, capabilities and resources
- Work with outside consultants and suppliers to support joint product
development efforts as well as consultants being used to support internal
- Self Education to maintain current trade knowledge of Technology as it is
applied specifically by HFC network operators.
- Technical white papers related to company’s expertise for publication and
presentation at industry events.
- Participate in relevant standards committees
- Bachelor of Science degree (BSEE)
- mimimum 5 years custom equipment design experience
- High level of proficiency working with 2D and 3D CAD software
- Proficient with the use Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and
- High level of proficiency in schematic creation with RF design experience
- Knowledge QAM and OFDM transmission networks as they are applied in HFC
broadband networks. Experience with MPEG-TS and DOCSIS protocols is highly
- Experience creating proposal drawings, designing custom equipment, and
creating detailed documents for use by manufacturing and vendors
- Proven ability in problem resolution, researching, and analyzing options
and making recommendations
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, demonstrating high attention to
detail, accuracy, and timelines for multiple projects
- Previous demonstrated successful experience in the engineering field.
- Travel as required.
APPLY FOR JOB #4369